And finally, while the rest of the country struggles with a sagging real estate market, the returns to land owners in Iowa rise.. According to the Des Moines local news, "the value of the best Iowa farmland -- which produces 160 bushes of corn an acre -- rose in the past six months from about $3,800 an acre to $4,300." Who was it that said government policies affect factor prices?
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- ► 2009 (521)
- ► 2008 (134)
- Protectionism by Other Means
- Blinder , Trade and Jobs, Again
- Passive Voice
- Outsourcing the Service Sector?
- U.S.-China Trade
- Linking Trade and Labor Standards
- Home Ownership and Labor Mobility
- John Edwards on Global Poverty
- Track MDG Progress
- Rising Land Prices in Iowa
- Trade Politics by Any Other Name Would Still Smell...
- Giving Fish to the World's Poorest (but not too ma...
- The Domestic Politics of "Food For Peace"
- Linking Trade and Labor Standards (Again)
- Sherrod Brown on American Trade Policy
- Trade and Wage Insurance
- Still Negotiating...
- Eroding American Economic Sovereignty
- ▼ March (18)