Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On the Lighter Side...

. Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Onion reports that Bill Clinton has announced his bid for the presidency.

"My fellow Americans, I am sick and tired of not being president," said Clinton, introducing his wife at a "Hillary '08" rally. "For seven agonizing years, I have sat idly by as others experienced the joys of campaigning, debating, and interacting with the people of this great nation, and I simply cannot take it anymore. I have to be president again. I have to."

He continued, "It is with a great sense of relief that I say to all of you today, 'Screw it. I'm in.'"

Too funny. Even more so when juxtaposed to this: President Clinton: "Think what being President's like. They play a song every time you walk into the room. They play 'Hail to the Chief.' Shoot, I was lost for 3 weeks after I left the White House. Nobody played a song anymore. I didn't know where I was. It was terrible." (Yes, this is a real quote).

0 comments:

On the Lighter Side...
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites