Does this mean that the central bank of the United States is now the main sponsor of Manchester United? As a Liverpool supporter, I'd certainly hope not. But if so, can the Fed be considered independent any longer?
If the Fed's next action is to lend money at low rates to the Chicago Cubs so they can re-finance their exorbitant free agent acquisitions, then I'm joining the Ron Paul rEVOLution in calling for the abolishment of the Fed. That would be the last straw for this St. Louis Cardinals fan.
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- ► 2009 (521)
- And, the Rebuttal
- In Favor of the Dodd Plan
- Deal or No Deal (U.S. Congressman Edition)
- Credible Credibility in Credit Markets
- Live Together, Die Together....?
- Looks Like America's Got A Credibility Problem
- Finally the Truth is Out....
- Gallows Humor
- Risky Business
- Cooperation in the International Financial System
- Good Discussion of the U.S. Economy
- Big Win for Russia? Nyet.
- Fannie, Freddie, and International Relations
- The Ford ECOnetic is on sale, but not in America
- I Walk the Line...
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2007 (142)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Posted by Kindred Winecoff at 4:27 PM . Wednesday, September 17, 2008