Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Did You Know?

. Wednesday, January 6, 2010

When I was growing up, I'd have SportsCenter on in the morning while I was getting ready for school. My favorite segment of the show, "Did You Know?", always came up between 6:50 and 6:58am which was perfect since we always left the house at 7am sharp to make it to school on-time. I'm pretty sure that segment is the reason that I love facts and statistics so much. Another love of mine has been technology and gadgets, which has had me thinking lately about how quickly new technologies are invented that supersede the capabilities of current technology.


A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about purchasing a Kindle and Will and I had a conversation about how quickly someone would invent something better and whether it was worth it to get the first generation Kindle with no backlight, no color and pretty much no frills or wait til something better came out. Bouncing around the interwebs lately has been noise about the release of the new Apple Tablet which may challenge the Kindle (although McMegan doesn't think so). Apple is also slated to release a new iPhone, the 4g edition, sometime in April/May (which gets my pick for the greatest personal technological advancement of the naughties.) Or maybe something else will enter the market that will completely re-vamp current e-reader technology.

I was pleasantly surprised to come across a video this morning that essentially combines my fascination with technology and my love of facts. This video is full of stats about information technology and innovation and is titled "Did You Know?" It's a really fun watch and shows us just where we are in the course of human civilization and what the future (hopefully) will bring our way.

0 comments:

Did You Know?
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites