Remember when Obama didn't nominate anybody to work with Geithner at the US Treasury at the height of the financial crisis? That was weird. It's a bit better these days, but we now have the same problem at the Fed. Three of the seven Board positions will be vacant within a few months, at a time when the Fed is walking a policy tightrope and could presumably use all the help it can get.
DeLong and Wessel round up the usual suspects. This isn't exactly my area of expertise, but I like the idea of Frederic Mishkin (who's been there before), David Romer, and a senior researcher (Wessel and DeLong like John Williams or Jeffrey Fuhrer, who I know nothing about but sounds good to me). Another possibility? Brad DeLong. Please leave Janet Yellen where she is.
In lighter Fed news, Jodi Beggs at Economists Do It with Models points us to LOLfed, from which the above picture was ripped.
Nerd humor. Gotta love it.
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- Why We Won't Get Major Financial Regulatory Reform...
- Learn Something New Every Day?
- Fighting Science with Snobbery
- Trade and Foreign Policy Attitudes
- Sanctions, Sovereign Borrowing and Financial Integ...
- An Appeal to Better Natures
- Google, Chinese Badasses, and Trade Wars
- Wuzza? Another Edition of "What Is Krugman Thinkin...
- Chavez is a BLOGGER!
- Mental Health Break
- Well, It's Come to This
- Thought of the Day
- Annals of Non-Scientific Polling
- Department of "Brad DeLong, Please Elaborate"
- The Over Valued Dollar?
- The End of U.S. Influence Is Not at Hand
- And While I'm at it
- I am a Pessimist
- Oh No You Didn't
- Today's Edition of "Legislators Are Stupid and Sho...
- Yet Another Post on Sovereign Debt and Democracy
- Democracies and Sovereign Debt (Again)
- Sovereign Debt As Social Contract
- Happy Pi Day!
- Geithner Files
- University Administration Jobs and Hiring Practice...
- Connecting Government and Academia
- Now This Is How You Do Journalism
- Art Imitates Life
- PSA: Iraq Election Breakdown
- P (Agreement | Different Epistemologies) < 0.5
- Who's Afraid of the IMF?
- Checking in with the Fed
- I'm Losing My Religion: Methods as Fetish
- That's a Nice Straw Man You've Got There
- The Eye of the Beholder
- What Do Americans Want?
- Oh Blather
- The IMF Tries to Take the Teeth Out of the IMF
- ▼ March (40)
- ► 2009 (521)
- ► 2008 (134)
- ► 2007 (142)
Friday, March 5, 2010
Posted by Kindred Winecoff at 9:25 PM . Friday, March 5, 2010