"The struggling auto industry was thrust into the middle of a political standoff between the White House and Democrats on Monday as President-elect Barack Obama urged President Bush ... to support immediate emergency aid. Mr. Bush indicated ... that he might support some aid and a broader economic stimulus package if Mr. Obama and Congressional Democrats dropped their opposition to a free-trade agreement with Colombia."
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- ► 2009 (521)
- Ending the Food Crisis
- Graduating Soon?
- Tyler Cowen on Fiscal Stimulus
- Latin America and the Financial Crisis
- Back to the Fore: Latin America
- Another Data Point
- Gallows Humor
- Am I Freaked Out?
- (Not Snarky) Response to Comments
- US Dominance - Fading away?
- Word of the Week: Deflation
- Department of Ut-Oh (a continuing series)
- When You Wish Upon a Star...
- Which Do You Want First?
- The Crisis from an Historian's Perspective
- The Return of Capital Controls
- Viking Solidarity...
- Blaming the Victims?
- G20 Results
- What do Summiters Eat?
- Two quick reads...
- Problems, Proposals, and Positions
- ...and this is my other brother Darryl
- How Many Jobs at Risk?
- What's Good for GM is Good for America, Right?
- Quid Pro Quo
- Tourism Trouble in the Caribbean?
- Paging Naomi Klein
- Gulliver and the Lilliputians
- "The Box": The New Pencil
- New Macroeconomics: Same As Old Macroeconomics
- Jeffrey Sachs on a New Macroeconomics
- Recession's Biggest Winner: Walmart?!
- The Election
- It's the Economy, Stupid (Really, it is)
- Vote at Your Own Risk
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2007 (142)