Friday, February 19, 2010

Game Day

. Friday, February 19, 2010

Good Morning IPE! The International Studies Association Convention has been quite interesting and fun thus far. It is far larger than I ever could have imagined. There are between 15 and 30 panels going on at any given time, which actually has made it a bit frustrating when there are multiple panels that you're interested in and can't be in four places at once.


This morning, I'll be at the "Financial Crisis: Regulatory Issues in its Genesis" panel at 8:30 with some interesting looking presentations. I'll also try to bounce over to the "Revisiting the Links between Terrorism and Regime Type" panel which is also at 8:30.

It's game day for Will as he'll be sitting on a roundtable on Blogging and International Relations at 10:30am with some heavy hitters: Dan Drezner, Stephen Walt, Joseph Nye, Charli Carpenter and Robert Farley. I have internet right now and I'm hoping it continues into the ballroom where the roundtable will be taking place. If it does, I'll live-blog the discussion and bring you some of the interesting tidbits for those that couldn't make it to New Orleans.

I'll update at lunch time on some of the interesting after panels and other things I've come across while in New Orleans.

Game Day
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites