Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Last ISA Post

. Sunday, February 21, 2010

For those who were interested in the content of my talk beyond what Alex wrote, Robert Farley of LGM live-tweeted the roundtable. Apparently, here's what I said:

Winecoff: who am I?

Winecoff: nobody who has any authority should ever listen to what I say.

Winecoff: blogging opened important avenues for my academic work.

Winecoff: dr. Farley is twisting my words.

Winecoff: not doing this (blogging) for relevance, but rather as a generator of academic knowledge.

Winecoff: being invited to this panel is going on my CV.

Winecoff: re-emphasizes notion of blog as academic notebook.

Winecoff: more specifically, an interactive notebook.

Winecoff: you too can be a blogger, in just 30 minutes a day

Most of that is pretty much right. I am putting this on my CV, and I'm leaving it until I've got something better to put there. That could take awhile.

I should have added that I would be happy for any of the panel members to write me letters of recommendation when I go on the job market in a few years.

P.S. Since it somehow wasn't clear to everybody, Farley's tweets were in good humor and were taken as such.


One Last ISA Post
There was an error in this gadget




Add to Technorati Favorites