I wanted to pass along this chart courtesy of Nathan Gonzalez, author of Engaging Iran: The Rise of a Middle East Powerhouse and America’s Strategic Choice, by way of the Monkey Cage's Joshua Tucker. The chart shows the organizational structure of the Iranian government and society. I wish I would've had this in my hands a couple of weeks ago when I kept hearing about the Expediency Council, Assembly of Experts, Guardian Council, Basij and a host of others without knowing where they stood relative to each other.
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- This Is How I Feel About Comprehensive Exams
- Was I Wrong to Be Worried About Deflation?
- Obama's Realism
- When Walloons and Flemings Collide
- Neda Agha-Soltan
- If the Chinese Pop a Bubble, Does It Make a Sound?...
- More on Pirates!
- Religiosity and College Majors
- Blowing Bubbles
- Kenneth Arrow on Macroeconomics, Health Care, and ...
- Sentences I Liked
- Miss Teen South Carolina on Economics
- What I've been reading (July Edition)
- Show Some Love, Harvard Law School!
- Weekend Links
- What the U.S., China, Russia, and Turkmenistan Hav...
- More Evidence on the Effectiveness of Microfinance...
- Is China Really Pulling Away from American Debt?
- American Diplomacy and Public Opinion
- Obama's New International Poll Numbers
- The Fed's Balance Sheet
- US Treasury Cashes in
- What, Me Worry?
- Morning Links
- Politics =/= Magic
- Perception and Misperception in Trade Politics
- Who Gets E.U. Farm Subsidies (redux)?
- Quote of the Day
- Political Science and Economics Professors
- Video Time!
- How Soccer Illustrates Globalization
- It's Earnings Season!
- Thomas Schelling on Climate Change
- The State of Banking
- IR Theory and Rap Music
- FDI, Regulation, and Shifting Power Centers: China...
- How Not to Conduct Diplomacy
- The Pope on Development
- Some Things Get Better, Some Things Get Worse
- Obama's Summer Vacation
- Link Dump
- No G-8 Climate Change Deal
- The Data Do NOT Show the Paradox of Thrift
- Iran Organizational Chart
- Art Imitates Social Science
- Basel's Revenge
- The U.S. Plays Chicken with the BRICs
- We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident
- Straight Outta Lagos
- More Musings on Climate Change
- How to Destroy An Economy, in Five Easy Steps
- ▼ July (53)
- ► 2008 (134)
- ► 2007 (142)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Posted by Alex Parets at 3:05 PM . Tuesday, July 7, 2009