This morning, I spent half an hour breaking down the Westminster system of parliamentary democracy that the United Kingdom holds so dear for my students in Intro to Comparative Politics here at UNC. We also showed them an old segment of Prime Minister's Question Time (PMQT) from when Tony Blair was the opposition leader and John Major was the Prime Minister.
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- Gender Dynamics of Modern Day Chess
- Liberté, égalité, fraternité
- First Day of Class in Tehran
- Protocols of the Elders of Xi'an
- BdM Talks Iran on the Daily Show
- Stand-up Economist
- Paging Dan Drezner
- Should Zelaya Have Returned to Honduras?
- On Keynes, Lucas, and Rationality
- Rogoff on International Financial Regulation
- Weekend Links
- Incentives Matter
- Two Nations Divided by An (Un)Common Arithmetic
- NYC Goes Green
- More on the Price Elasticities of Morals
- Blog Post of the Week
- Mmm... Chicken
- Did CAFTA Cause the Honduran Coup?
- A Tobin Tax Isn't the Answer
- Concert in Havana
- The Technological Trouble of Climate Change
- Weekend Links
- Quote of the Day
- When Gordon Brown Saved the World
- Is Obama Mimicking George W. Bush on Trade?
- Playing a Fool's Game
- Spoke Too Soon
- Transforming Preferences
- Krugman vs. Cochrane
- Cochrane: Against Krugman's View of Macroeconomics...
- Why We Shouldn't Try to Inflate Our Way out of Deb...
- Finding Shoes Just Got Easier
- More on the Grim View of the Fed
- Yeah, But Can He Name All the Capitals?
- Worst Attempt at Character Assassination... Ever
- Link Dump: "Everywhere I Look I See Idiots" editio...
- More on Japan's Health Care System
- I Fear for the Finance Students at Washburn Univer...
- Geithner's Plan for Financial Regulation
- On Krugman on Macroeconomics
- Am I Dreaming?
- Sentence of the Day
- Dodging the "G" Word
- The Softer Side of Henry Kissinger
- The Amorality of Public Goods
- Another European Cartoon Scandal
- Newsflash: Obama Continues to Punt on Trade
- The U.S. Navy Is on a Boat
- Why Oh Why Can't We Have a Better Blogosphere?
- Mash-Ups, Music, Borrowing and the Law
- The Income Elasticity of Demand for Public Morals
- Brad DeLong Wrote Something Important in 2005
- What the Recent Japan Election Means
- Can Obama Save the Empire?
- Foreign Policy Poetry
- The Bailout:
- W.T.O. Sanctions U.S.
- ▼ September (58)
- ► 2008 (134)
- ► 2007 (142)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Posted by Alex Parets at 9:10 PM . Wednesday, September 16, 2009
One of my students enjoyed PMQT so much, he found this clip of Gordon Brown from this past fall on PMQT and emailed it to me. I remember watching it when it happened and laughing hysterically at the Tory reaction. So I thought I'd share it with the rest of you since I didn't share it back then. Hope you get a laugh out of it on this Wednesday evening.