50k met at the corner of Franklin and Columbia tonight. A strong turnout, to be sure.
On a somewhat more serious note, Stephen Walt runs down a list of top 10 bogeymen in international politics in recent history. I'd add "terrorism" (defined broadly) to his list, which is a concern but not any sort of existential threat, but otherwise it's strong. And I think that the phobia of immigration is the most concerning and most pressing.
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- Who Adjusts?
- The World According to Americans
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Tips for Conveying How Busy and Important you are ...
- The Perils of Debt
- I Have Two Words...
- The Return of "When Walloons and Flemings Collide"...
- Lessons in Bad Governance
- Great Moments in History
- Markets in Everything?
- Role Reversal in Europe
- Midweek Links
- Cuban Authorities Harass Blogger
- The OECD in Nominal Spending Perspective
- I Don't Think This Means What You Think It Means
- Roubini: Expect Another Financial Collapse
- Another Downside of Limiting the Pay of Bankers
- How Effective Is International Law?
- You're So Vain, You're Prolly Think This Article I...
- Brad DeLong Spoke Truth and Wisdom in 2003
- Happy (Belated) Halloween
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2008 (134)
- ► 2007 (142)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Posted by Kindred Winecoff at 2:52 AM . Sunday, November 1, 2009