NBC says that USA Today says that the U.S. economy is due to shrink 202% in '09. I mean, I know things are bad, but I didn't know that the U.S. economy is not only going to produce exactly nothing in 2009, but we are also going to destroy roughly half of our national assets for no apparent reason.
It should be said that this gaffe was entirely on NBC. USA Today actually had it right.
(ht: Jane Galt)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (478)
- What A Difference a Decade Makes
- Payback Time
- The Real Exchange Rate and the Current Account, 19...
- A Thousand Words
- Canard Pekinois
- Blogging Gets More Cachet
- Financial Crisis' First Casualty?
- Why Adjust?
- What Happens in Davos...
- A Person Needs a Face; A Tree Needs Bark
- Are Economists Completely Clueless?
- Discounting Obama's 'Aggressive Attitude' Toward C...
- Best Wishes, President Obama, But Low Expectations...
- More Sweatshop Blogging
- Deflation Watch
- Revenue Sharing in Iraq: When IPE Meets Security S...
- Sweatshops and Trade Agreements
- When Marx Isn't Really Marx
- Has the Financial Bailout Worked?
- Zimbabwe introduces new $50 billion note
- Foggy Thoughts on Decoupling
- Piracy Update!
- Buying Hearts and Minds
- Breaking: Entire U.S. Economy Ceases to Exist
- BOE sets a record!
- American debt don't taste too good anymore
- On the (De)Merits of Liberal Illiberalism
- Should We Hope For More Protectionism?
- The New Economic Order: Same As the Old Economic O...
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2008 (134)
- ► 2007 (142)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Posted by Kindred Winecoff at 2:14 PM . Thursday, January 8, 2009