Friday, February 19, 2010

Where Dat?

. Friday, February 19, 2010

So, as I feared, internet access at ISA has been somewhat spotty. As has been my attention. Who knew that New Orleans was full of wonderful restaurants, interesting culture, and nightclubs where one can order a proper drink and actually get it? Needless to say, there have been a few distractions.

In between the oysters and sazeracs I have managed to attend quite a few panels, most of which have had something to do with the financial crisis. I will have more to say on these later; I've been pretty disappointed by what I've heard so far. But now I need to finalize my remarks for the roundtable I'm on tomorrow, on how blogging affects theory and practice in IR. Stephen Walt is also on the roundtable, although he had the audacity not to name-check me in his post. C'mon, man: show some love for the little guy.

Anyway, it should be interesting. I believe that Alex will be live-blogging the roundtable on blogging, so as to be appropriately meta, so stay tuned for the blow-by-blow, or at least the post-mortem. (Anyone need odds on whether Drezner brings up Salma Hayek? I'm putting it at 3-1.)

More comment about the conference and other things should be forthcoming.

0 comments:

Where Dat?
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites