Sunday, December 26, 2010

What I've Been Reading...

. Sunday, December 26, 2010

I wanted to pass along a couple of interesting works I've been reading over break as some of you may have extra free time over the holidays to check out some new stuff.


Nineteenth Street NW by Rex Ghosh - This is the first novel by international economist Rex Ghosh who has taught at Georgetown and Princeton and worked for the IMF as the Chief of Policy Review and Research. The book is a financial thriller about terror in the global financial markets. I've been hooked line since I started it this morning. I highly recommend it.

The recently released Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR) by the US State Department. They have some really interesting sections on 21st century statecraft, economic sanctions, terrorist financing and financial terrorism.

Interesting piece by Carolyn Johnson in the Boston Globe on new research about group IQ and what makes one team of people smarter than another.

Imperial By Design by John Mearsheimer in the National Interest.

Companies granted licenses and exemptions to sanctions legislation by OFAC and allowed to do business within Iran, North Korea, Cuba and others.

I just finished Michael Lewis' Liar's Poker which for some reason had never read.

Also, I can't wait til this comes out on March 8: Homefront.

0 comments:

What I've Been Reading...
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites